If you are a current CSU student, you can schedule a health professions advising appointment online through Navigate. If you ARE NOT within driving distance of Fort Collins, and would like this to be a phone appointment, please write “PHONE APPOINTMENT” and include the best number to reach you in the appointment comments when you schedule your appointment. The advisor will call you at your scheduled time (MST). If you ARE within driving distance of Fort Collins, please schedule an in-person appointment.
If you are not a current CSU student, you can schedule an appointment by calling the Collaborative for Student Achievement at (970) 491-7095.
- Your path to a career in a human or animal health profession can be complex.
- A health Professions Advisor can help you prepare for a professional program and set you in the right direction.
Health professions students have several academic advisors available to assist them:
- CSU major advisor (Primary Advisor): Guides the student toward successful completion of her/his Bachelor’s Degree at CSU. Prior to declaring a major, students should meet with an Undeclared Advisor. To find out who your CSU Adivor is, log into RamWeb.
- Health Professions Advisor (Secondary Advisor): Assists the student in preparation for a health professional program.
Role of Health Professions Advisors
- Assist students in identifying professional school prerequisites and choosing appropriate CSU courses.
- Guide students through the application process of specific professional programs in which the student is interested.
- Advise the CSU Pre-Health Profession Clubs.
- Suggest volunteer and community service opportunities and provide information from national health profession organizations.
- Refer students to on-and-off-campus support sevices.
- If you are interested in Veterinary Medicine and are an enrolled/future CSU student or a high school student, please schedule an appointment with Ann Bowen, our Pre-Vet-Advisor, by calling (970) 491-7095.
- If you have a bachelor’s degree and are interested in applying to CSU College of Veterinary Medicine, contact (970) 491-7051 or email DVMAdmissions@colostate.edu.
Human Health Professions Advising
- If you are interested in a human health profession, please schedule an appointment to meet with a Health Professions Advisor by calling the Collaborative for Student Achievement at (970) 491-7095.
- NOTE: Health Professions advisors do not see students on a walk-in basis; we see students by appointment only. Please contact the Collaborative for Student Achievement at (970) 491-7095 to set up an appointment.